Thursday, August 3, 2017

To Slide or Not to Slide

Our first time at Splish Splash was a great time. We went to celebrate my older sisters birthday.
We had been as a children and always had fun so we were so excited to bring my critters for the first time. It was a surprise for them because I never tell them where we are going.
 

We were very hungry when we arrived so the first thing we did was eat then we went to explore. Surf city, the close wave pool to the food outlets, was closed so we ventured over to the other one, Kahuna Bay. It was nice to have the kids jumping and playing and just sitting and relaxing in between the waves. Next we discovered the Kiddie Cove and those water slides were fun for us all.


I am all about the family experiences so we went to see which of the water slides were for the whole gang. We were in luck and found two that had the big tubes to seat four at once. I was worried our smallest critter wouldn't be able get on with us all so before I got too excited we stood her near the height requirement and she just made to 36 inches, YAY. We were all ready to go except my two boys. They were whining and complaining the whole walk to the steps. When we finally arrived at the stairway we began to climb and the tears began to flow. They were begging us not to force them on, crying louder and louder with each step. I was getting upset and in my mom voice asked them to stop but nope. Of course the stairs seemed endless, just staircase after staircase.
*Side note we have done a family water style before at Great Wolf Lodge,PA (blog about that coming soon). They did the same thing just a little less crying but as we splashed down they both asked in unison "Can we do that again?" Yes we didn't because I was over it but we did it so I was good.

So although I reminded them of their previous experience they continued to beg and plead that they should not go on. We def picked the worse slide out of the two family ones because the whole thing was in the DARK, yup. The reason I picked this particular one "Hollywood Stunt Show" was because it reminded me of a video game, Joe Danger The Movie 2, they play a lot together. I thought this would be cool, I guess lame mom thinking, lol because it did not work. We all went on the slide and thank god we all survived and they were fine. My middle guy was not letting us off the hook so easy so he continued the drama show even after we were back on dry land. I let him cool off and my sisters and I did the other family slide, Mammoth Rivers with my mini, Girls Only Style. She was soo serious during the ride but after it was done all smiles. So proud of my little tough lady.



Later we saw a awesome bird show and then we were preparing to go. I began to ask if anyone had any last min request for slides or rides and to my jaw dropping surprise my middle guy happily made a request. He actually requested to do the Black Slide again. YUP the Hollywood Stunt Show in the DARK again. I was overwhelmed and honestly one time was enough for me. I had the luxury of doing this ride backwards so it was not my favorite. I took him on the other family slide, Mammoth Rivers, which was a lot nicer since it was not enclosed so there was lots of light. He had a great time on this one but still request the "black slide" so since it was almost closing time the lines were non existent so we did that one and found another one, Dino Falls. Which was so fun he did it 3 times. Yes can you believe this and wait for it...one of the 3 times he took a single tube and yup did it ALL BY HIMSELF. So from full meltdown & non forgiving mode to Master of the water slides.



So although it was tough and very frustrating making them all go on the slide, it made them more open to the experience and the "FUN" of being a kid at a water park. If you think it will benefit them in the long run I say make them do it. I mean that is one of the best parts of being a kid, #fearless after all.

1 comment:

  1. Love Splish Splash. Good job helping your critters become #fearless

    ReplyDelete